With all the issues arising not that Texas A&M is moving to the SEC and the last University of Texas v Texas A&M game played last night I’m not sure what I’m going to do with One of the Boys. The setting in this work is Austin and I write about the different football games being played within the play, soon too be turned back into a novel. My characters, at least the main ones in Calla’s restaurant either attended Texas Tech, UT or Texas A&M and the story takes place during football season. It sucks that I’m going to have to take out the Texas A&M game since the historic battle won’t be played anymore. This is one of those time when I wish a writer didn’t have to get everything right. Granted I did write the story when the two teams would still meet on Thanksgiving and play the Lone Star showdown but with history changing how can I keep this game in the pages. I’m not sure if the readers would be happy with it in or if it would be believable now that they won’t be playing. I’m at a loss with this and I hope things workout with the story when I remove this part, it’s not an important part but having the story in Austin with football discussed and listened too on the radio its a tidbit that is culturally and historically important. I just want to bang my head against the wall for this predicament.
- Texas Vs. Texas A&M, The Historical: The First And The Last (sbnation.com)
- Thanksgiving marks end of era for Texas football rivalry (reuters.com)
- Texas vs. Texas A&M: End of Rivalry Because of UT’s Shadow over A&M (bleacherreport.com)
- Historic Texas-A&M rivalry coming to an end (nbcsports.msnbc.com)
- All good things must come to an end: Texas-Texas A&M (goodguysports.wordpress.com)
- Happy thanksgiving! (pristuff.wordpress.com)